Sunday, April 29, 2018

I ran across the cutest little double-sided tea bag holder! There were several tutorials that I watched so I have no idea who originally came up with this idea, therefore I'm not able to give credit where credit is due.  This is not an idea that I created. 
The paper I used for this tea bag is from the new Beautiful Friendship packet from Close to my Heart, available May 1st!


You can use a 6" x 6" or an 8" x 8" piece of double sided paper for this project. 

Begin by folding the paper in half, corner to corner.

Next, line the folded edge up with the top of the score board.  If you are using a 6" x 6" piece of paper, then score at 2  3/4" and at 5  3/4".  If you are using an 8" x 8" piece of paper, then score at 3  3/4" and 7 1/2".

Turn your paper so the edge now lines up with the left side of the score board (as shown in the picture below).  6 x 6 paper:  score at 1/2".   8 x 8 paper:  score at 3/4".


Lay your paper out with the inside facing up.  


There will be 3 score lines in the middle going left to right and 2 score lines on the sides going up and down.  Using the 2 lines going up and down, fold both sides into the center.



In the center, fold up at the middle score line.  Crease this lightly as this is just a guide for your next folds.


About 1/2" up from the bottom is your next score line, fold your paper back toward you at this line.


Flip your paper over and do the same on the other side.



You will now have your two pockets.  At the top of the bag, hole punch one or two holes and tie a ribbon through.  Add your tea bags and you are done!  
Close to my Heart M-size stamps fit perfectly in the 8" x 8" bags!  Gift cards work in these bags too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Every year I say that I am going to stay caught up on this blog.  I really do try, but life gets in the way.  I’m still scrapbooking and st...