Sunday, June 29, 2014


I posted this photo before and then taught how to make the card on Saturday. I had several requests for the directions, so I am posting them on here as well as emailing to those of you who attended on Saturday. I have never written up formal directions for making a card, so bear with me on this one! If I am not clear enough on something, please let me know!

 Also, just to be clear, I found the sunburst design and this card layout on-line, but cannot remember where so I don't know who to give the credit to but I cannot take credit for this design. I did choose which papers I wanted to use and the embellishments as well.

 Here we go:
1. Card: I cut card stock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" then folded in half
2. Large base mat: Cut card stock at 4" x 5 1/4"
3. Smaller base mat (used to glue on sunburst design): Cut card stock at 3 3/4" x 5"
4. Cut out designed papers in the following dimensions:
       Cut 1 strip of paper at 4 1/2" x 1 1/2"
       Cut 1 strip of paper at 4" x 1 1/2"
       Cut 2 strips of paper at 3" x 1 1/2" (use 2 different designs)
       Cut 2 strips of paper at 2" x 1 1/2" (use 2 different designs)
    I used 6 different designed papers for this card. You could use 2 or 3 designs and alternate them for a different look. I might work on some and post as soon as I get them done.
5. Cut all of the strips diagonally from one corner to the opposite corner creating 2 triangles from each rectangle.
6. On the smaller base mat, measure in (on the 4 1/4" side) 1 1/4" and mark a light line. Then measure up from the bottom, 3 1/2" and make another mark that crosses your first line. I used my piercing tool to then poke a hole in the center of these two lines. This is the "center" focal point.
7. I then placed the triangles on the card with all the points pointing toward that hole I poked in the card. You will have to play around with your papers to get them all to fit. Be sure to have the larger triangles placed where there is the greatest distance to the hole. I left a small gap between each paper so you can see the color of the small base mat. Your papers will hang off the ends of your card.
8. I moved all the papers off the small base mat keeping them in the pattern I had just laid out. I then sprayed the small base mat with adhesive making it easier to glue the pieces down.
 9. Next I began placing the triangles back on the mat in the order I had laid out. Remember, the points need to be directed toward that hole!
10. When all pieces are in place, turn the card over and trim off the parts that are hanging over the card. Turn the card back over when done and glue down on the center of the large base mat (4" x 5 1/4")
11. Glue the large base mat onto the front of your card.
12. Embellish! You may choose to have your card vertical like mine or turn it and make a horizontal card. My embellishment to both of these cards were done with the Close to my Heart "Kaboom" June stamp of the month and I also used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the circles and the tickets.

If anything is confusing or you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or send me an email at thecountrycropper@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Every year I say that I am going to stay caught up on this blog.  I really do try, but life gets in the way.  I’m still scrapbooking and st...