Thursday, July 31, 2014



Well, I'm starting to like owls!  I know they are definitely "in" this year.  The card at the top was made using Skylark paper, the July Stamp of the Month, aqua dots and the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  The next card was made using the masking tape technique (behind the owl) with black, slate and autumn terracotta inks, the "What a Hoot" August stamp of the month (available beginning tomorrow!), black shimmer tape, 3-D tape (under the Jack-O'-Lantern), layered white and black papers, sunset ink (owl's mask, "What a Hoot" and swirls on the owl's stomach), and the new markers to color in the owl (BR96 Mahogany, BR116 Clay, and I used the Colorless Blender to lighten the Clay color on his stomach), watercolor pencil to color in the Jack-O'-Lantern and the sequins are from the black mini-medley accent collections.  I think I'm going to have fun with this stamp set and I'm learning to use the new markers...not bad!  Here's to a great month of new techniques, trainings and tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Every year I say that I am going to stay caught up on this blog.  I really do try, but life gets in the way.  I’m still scrapbooking and st...